I’m doing my best to try and keep restaurants afloat with ideas on how to get some dollars toward their business, but the truth is restaurants already have a tough time making profits and very few are even able to provide healthcare due to the nature of the industry. Hospitality is all about making us feel a higher love, taste, sensation, and celebration. Please support these people who are always working around the clock to make us happy especially at a time like this when we (and they) do not know if they will be able to open their doors when this is all over. I’ve been working with my friend Fannie to keep an updated list of Austin restaurants now offering curbside pick-up, delivery, and to-go options here: https://www.takeouttracker.com/
We are trying to add everything in as fast as possible on the backend, so let me know if you see anymore we need to add, and see below for my favorite restaurants and what to order!
In addition, here are two petitions you can sign to help!
3- Call your representatives and Senators 202-224-3121 and demand we are part of the federal stimulus plan
- Best Healing Food– Casa De Luz offers a daily breakfast, lunch, dinner menu of macrobiotic soup, salad, and entree of the day. This is the best salad and soup combo you’ll ever have and you won’t even notice it’s vegan. They usually have guacamole tacos Wednesday but check the menu here.
- Best Meal Delivery– Lucky Lime is an already existing healthy meal ordering service. Founded by Chef Rebecca Meeker, previously of Jeffrey’s and Josephine House, she cooks meals that are crave-worthy, healthy, and satisfying. Since the business model is delivery (and catering) only they have the consistency and freshness down. My favorite is the salmon poké and sweet potato gluten free lasagna. They store up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Use code CHEKMARKEATS at check out for 10% off.
- Best Thai Food (+ Ice Cream)– Thai Fresh has always been my special place, and owner Jam Sanitchat includes tipping in her prices so that she can pay her staff well and include healthcare. Order curbside pick-up online and go for the Massaman Curry, Pad Prik King, Red Curry, Drunken Noodles, gluten-free S’mores Brownies, Golden Milk Ice Cream.
- Best Brunch– Cafe No Sé – I can’t imagine Austin without the South Congress Hotel, so let’s support their restaurant as they open up pick-up for the first time ever. Chek Recs: Summer Crudités, Café Spread with Chickpea Hummus, Kale Salad, Grilled Cheese, Crisp Cauliflower
- Best BBQ– Terry Black’s is the answer. Get brisket, turkey, mac ‘n cheese, green beans, and the corn muffin!
- Best Migas– Cisco’s. Let’s just close our eyes and pretend we are in this old East Austin establishment when the cheesy eggs hit your door via delivery. Don’t miss the biscuits!
- Best Vietnamese – Pho Please. I eat here every Saturday after I swim laps at Deep Eddy Pool because it’s the only thing I crave. The best pho noodle soup and rice paper chicken spring rolls. This is a mom + pop spot, so your money is going very far here!
- Best Pizza + Sandwiches – Homeslice Pizza has takeout and this can feed your whole family obviously. If you want to surprise your peeps, add the turkey sandwich!
- Best Breakfast in Bed– Hotel Saint Cecilia, which is usually only open to hotel guests and members, is offering room service at home with omelets + truffle oil, cheese boards, truffle fries, Ranch Water cocktail kits, etc. p.s. 20& off two bottles of wine or more. Try my favorite, Scribe Winery. (photo Alison Marlborough)
- Most Creative Dishes– Lenoir. This is one of my top 5 favorite restaurants in all the world. While their whole fish won’t make it to pickup options, order Smoked Fish Sandwich, Fava Bean Curry, Grilled Carrots, and 40% off wine retail! Heck, you should prob just dress cocktail attire at home while eating this amazing meal.
- Best Winery– Austin Winery. They also just launched canned rosé!
- Best New Tacos – Nixta just impressed everyone the last few months and this young couple is making their own intensive masa. I love the sweet potato and duck carnitas taco!
- Best Sushi- Kome is the one restaurant I’ve always wanted to order take out from. They have the freshest prices and fish 🙂 I also like their udon.
- Best Cupcakes– Capital City Bakery. Get the carrot pumpkin!
- Best Burger– Carpenters Hall is on our restaurant tracker list. I don’t see their takeout menu, but if the burger is available, make it a double!
- Best Food Truck – Soursop which is at St. Elmo Brewery has Curry Tater Tots, Green Curry Goddess Salad, Eggplant Panang Curry.
- Best Vegan Food Truck– ATX Food Co. will keep your immune system up with their smoothies and clean your gut with their Squash Party Entree (especially if you’ve been snacking hard core at home!)
- Where You’ll Want to Party Later – Licha’s Cantina always has a two hour wait on the weekends, so you know you’ll want them to open their doors later! They don’t usually do take-out but I like the
- Best Takeout – Elizabeth Street Café has great noodle salads called bun’s and I like their wonton soup. If they have their bouchon’s get one when you want chocolate later.
- Restaurant You Haven’t Been to Yet – Intero has been around and won lots of awards, but I still have people asking me if I’ve been. Try it out now!
*Update* These restaurant are no longer offering take-out as they were previously at original time of publish
- Wildest Menu– Odd Duck always surprises me as when I read the menu at home I never know what to get but when the plates drop in front of me everything is so delicate, composed, fresh, and comforting at the same time. I always love the homemade Sourdough, Redfish Ceviche, Fish tacos.
- Best Neighborhood Restaurant– Launderette helped put Austin and the east side on the map back when they won Best New Restaurant by Food & Wine. I mean, I know you want to see those birthday cake sandwiches again!! From their to-g0 menu get the burrata, roasted chicken kale salad, fried chicken sandwich, burger, brussels sprouts.
- Best Italian– L’Oca D’Oro. It’s really wild to see restaurants who don’t normally offer takeout, scramble to get this done in hopes of survival. Get your pasta here!