Lure Fishbar. Location: SoHo. Mercer & Prince St. Scene: Pop-Music. Classy. Party. Food: Seafood. Oysters. Sushi. Burger.
- Lobster Croutons: Golden Garlic, Chilis, Sourdough
- Roasted Sea Scallops: Tagliatelle Pasta, Spicy Sausage, Broccoli Rabe, Saffron
- Rock Shrimp Risotto: Peas, Spinach, Parmesan, Shellfish Broth
- Mac & Cheese -with seafood? YES. (pictured above)
Chek! Lure not only has the best Tom Cat Bakery rolls to start, but the music is pumping throughout its “under the sea” themed “ship.” Located below ground, with circular boat-like windows looking out onto the street, the space has an eclectic set-up with cocktail tables, bars, booths and rooms. The seafood is fresh, and we may or may not have gone “overboard” (pun intended) and dined here two nights in a row. DO be tempted to order the Mac & Cheese for the table.
* Offers a great happy hour: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. with oysters for $1.50, wine for $7 a glass and $ 5 beers. Sister restaurant Burger & Barrel – dark, wooden and perfect for dudes.