The fact that you need a face mask and some goggles to brave the streets right now is an understatement. Practicing blind walking this morning made me realize I could never be an eskimo. While Mayor de Blasio has urged all restaurants to close this evening, there are still some cool cats (no pun intended) out there who know us New Yorkers need our noodles, mac ‘n cheese, and vegetarian burgers. See below for a few spots who have confirmed at this time of 2:33 p.m. that they are open now or will be for dinner as well!
- Babu Ji (East Village) – If you’ve been trying to make it to this Indian hot spot and been thrown a two hour wait each time, brave the blizzard and get your curry tonight!
- Lucky Bee (Lower East Side)– This new Southeast Asian restaurant that opened YESTERDAY is down to show you their dinner game tonight at 5:30 p.m.
- Uncle Boons (Nolita)– Opens at 5:30 p.m. You’ll be needing those Khao Soi golden curry noodles in three hours.
- Superiority Burger (East Village) – Everyone’s favorite vegetarian burger and soft serve is open from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. tonight.
- Lil Frankie’s (East Village) – Get your pizza game on
- The Smith (all locations for the moment) – One of the best mac ‘n cheeses in the city. There’s no place I rather be than at a cozy table with their skillet mac today.
- Jane (SoHo)– Get that creme brûlée french toast while you still can.
- Old Town Bar (Union Square)– Open since 1892, did you really think they’d close this place due to a storm? Tuna melts for all.