I ate Hu Kitchen’s paleo curried sweet potatoes at least three times a week for 4 years. They sweetness from the apricots and spice from the garam masala and cumin roped me in. When I moved to Austin, this was the one thing I craved instantly. I had no option but to try and make it myself. Not being a cook, I spent two hours googling recipes that used the ingredients that I knew Hu Kitchen used as they list everything at the fast casual eatery because it is all paleo and whole foods for the most part. I actually came pretty close and was super satisfied with my concoction!
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- handful of chopped cashews
- handful of chopped dates
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place foil on a baking sheet and place your sweet potatoes on the sheet. Cook for about 35-40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Meanwhile, whisk together cumin, garam masala, turmeric, cayenne, lemon juice, and two table spoons of olive oil.
- Stir in chopped scallions and let sit for 3o minutes.
- Once sweet potatoes are baked, peel the skin off and smash all together in a bowl. Then drizzle the whisked mixture throughout and top with crushed cashews and dried dates. Add salt as needed.