It’s October which means it’s officially pumpkin flavor everything season! Pumpkin pie, pumpkin flavored coffee, and my new favorite which is mini pumpkin cakes coated in an amazing white chocolate hard shell. Mini Melanie, an online store based in New York City, has been cranking out whimsical bite sized chocolate covered cakes in flavors such as: Cookies n Cream Fudge, Rainbow, Red Velvet, Marble Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookie, Snickerdoodle, etc. I’m also an even bigger fan of their custom cakes which they also do for weddings. They range in sizes from regular sheet cake to even the cutest 3 inch cake that fits in your hand and can play as a single serving personal cake. I loved the Funfetti. It’s not as sweet as all those other ones out there and has a white chocolate drip.
In honor of the new Pumpkin Cake Mini, see below for a recipe in case you want to try your own hand at it! But seriously, we know you won’t be able to pass up buying them already made and in every flavor!
This is an easy and delicious take on the chocolate minis we have available for this fall season at Mini Melanie.
Ingredients for the cake:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup milk
Ingredients for the frosting:
- 1 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 oz. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
Ingredients for finishing the minis:
- 8 oz. white melting chocolate
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions to prepare the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter a square brownie pan and line with parchment.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream the butter and sugar with a paddle. Slowly add in the eggs. Mix until combined, light and fluffy.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and mix for 30 seconds.
- Finish the batter by adding in the dry ingredients alternating with the milk, on low speed. Stir with a spatula to make sure everything is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until evenly golden brown and baked. Let cool on a wire rack or in the fridge overnight.
Directions to prepare the frosting:
- Place softened cream cheese and butter in a bowl. Mix well.
- Carefully add in powdered sugar in two stages.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
To make the minis:
- In a large bowl, break apart the cake into fine crumbs.
- Add in the cream cheese frosting, blending well until you can form an even ball of cake.
- Let the cake minis chill in the fridge for one hour.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip the balls into the chocolate and set down on a cookie tray lined with parchment. Dust with cinnamon. Refrigerate for 5 minutes or overnight. Remove from tray and serve! Will stay fresh, covered, for one week.